Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Are You Watching This? February Update!

So I think we can all agree this winter has been like...


And I've been like...


Yeah. It's been rough.

I'm so sorry I've been neglecting this blog over the past two weeks - it's not just winter laziness, I swear! Things have been really busy lately, but I wanted to check in and make sure you knew I didn't forget about all (2) of you.

Since we last talked, there was the Super Bowl (AKA the thing that was on in between commercials while I ate lots of Texas Trash dip) the Grammy's, and the start of the Olympics! So many big TV events and sadly I was unable to cover any of them due to the start of a new semester and lots of other work related craziness. I don't have a full post right now, but here's the rundown of what to expect for the rest of this month:

I've decided to put off my Girls review until the finale now that we're already at the half-way point, but I can guarantee you'll be getting a deep dive into Season three in April. Next week I'll be reviewing the new Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (!!!) which premieres Monday, February 17th on NBC (and I'll be back with regular Shameless recaps). If you haven't seen the final episode of Late Night, check it out here. WARNING: Jimmy cries and you will cry too. The week after next, I'll be taking a trip to Portlandia for their Season 4 premiere on IFC, Thursday, February 27th.



What am I watching now, you ask?

- Enlisted: It's so funny, you guys. Just watch last week's episode online and see if it's your thing. Since Fox has relegated it to the Friday kill slot (instead of primetime on Tuesdays where it belongs) the show needs as many eyes on it as possible to get it renewed for another season, and man, does it deserve one.

- Broad City: No brainer - it's best thing I've seen on TV in a lonnng time. Check out my season premiere review and highlights from the most recent (and my current favorite) episode here - you won't regret it.

- THE OLYMPICS! I'm a little obsessed. If you know me, you know this. Even with all of the controversy this year, it's still been just as thrilling as ever. Want to know when the stuff you care about is airing? Check the daily schedule here.


Thanks for bearing with me this month - I'll be back next week with regularly scheduled midseason stuff. Until then, get your hot cocoa on and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment